Saturday, March 5, 2011

How To Make Cake In Kenstar Oven

Japanese legends and history of O-Tei cinesi_La

THE STORY OF O-TEI





Long ago in the city of Nigata, Echizen Province, there lived a man called Nagao Chosei.
Nagao was the son of a doctor and was educated in the his father's profession. When he was a child he was betrothed to a girl named O-Tei, the daughter of a friend of his father, and the two families had agreed that the wedding would be held as soon as he finished his studies Nagao. But it soon became clear that O-Tei was in poor health, and when he was fifteen years old was struck by a fatal form of tuberculosis. When he realized he should have died, he sent for Nagao to say goodbye.
When he knelt beside her, said
"Nagao-Sama, my faithful friend, we were promised to each other since our childhood and we had to get married later this year. But now I am going to die, the gods know what is best for us. If I could live another few years, delivering only concern and distress to those around me. With this frail body would not be a good wife, and then just want to live would be a very selfish desire to you. I am resigned to die and I want you to promise me not to be sad. Also, I want to tell you that I think we'll meet again. "
"We'll meet again," echoed Nagao seriously. "And in that Pure Land there is the suffering of separation."
"No, no," she said softly. "I did not mean the Pure Land. I think we are destined to meet again in this world, even if tomorrow I will be buried. " Nagao looked
with amazement and saw her smile at his amazement. Then she continued with her voice soft and dreamy:
"Yes, I mean in this world, Nagao-Sama, in your present life ... of course if you wish. Only, for this to happen, I have a child born and grow up to become a grown woman. Therefore you need to wait. Fifteen or sixteen years is a long time, but my husband promised, you're only nineteen ...».
Eager to soothe his last moments, Nagar said tenderly,
"Wait, my promise is no less a joy than a duty. We promised each other for a period of seven lives. "
"But you have doubts? Asked watching her face.
"My darling, my only doubt is whether I'll be able to recognize you in another body, under a different name, if you can not tell me or give me a sign that I can help."
"I can not do it," she said. "Only the gods and the Buddha knows how and where we meet. But I'm sure, very sure that, if you want to meet me, I will come back to you ... remember my words. "
He paused, his eyes closed. She was dead.

*

Nagao had cherished a deep affection for O-Tei, and his pain was deep. He had prepared a funeral tablet with his name and put it in his butsudan before whom every day placed bids.
He thought a great deal of the strange things that O-Tei had said shortly before his death and, hoping to appease his spirit, he wrote a solemn promise that he would marry her if he ever returned to him in another body. He sealed the promise with his seal and placed in butsudan next to the funeral tablet of O-Tei.

- O-Tei answers questions Nagao -
However, since Nagao was an only child, it was necessary to marry. Soon he found himself obliged to yield to the wishes of the family and to accept a wife chosen by his father. After
marriage continued to place offerings before the tablet of O-Tei and never ceased to remember her with affection. But a bit 'at a time her image faded in his memory, like a dream difficult to remember. And the years went by.
Over the years many misfortunes struck him. Before her parents died, then his wife and his only son. And so he stayed alone in the world. He abandoned his desolate home and embarked on a long journey in the hope of forgetting his sorrows.
One day during his travels, he came to Ikao, a mountain village is still famous for its thermal springs and beautiful scenery of the surroundings. In the village inn where he found accommodation was a girl waiting for him. As soon as Nagao saw his face, his heart gave a leap as it had never happened before. Resembled O-Tei in a manner so extraordinary, that Nagao pinched to make sure he was not dreaming. While
came and went, bringing the heat and serve food or clearing up the guest room, all his thoughts and movements recalled the memory of the dear girl who had been promised in his youth.
He spoke, and she replied in a voice soft and clear, the sweetness of which brought him back to the sadness of long ago.
And so, very surprised, questioned saying
"O sister, your resemblance to someone I knew long ago that is, I'm scared when you came in this room. Forgive me then if I ask where you were born and your name. "
without delay and with the voice never forgotten the dead girl, she replied:
"My name is O-Tei, and you're Chosei Nagao of Echigo, my fiancé. Seventeen years ago I died in Nigata: So you wrote a promise to marry me if I ever returned to this world in the body of a woman, you have sealed the promise with your seal and broke it in putting together butsudan tablet which bore the written my name. And for that I'm back. "
Having uttered these last words, he fell unconscious. Nagao
married her, and the marriage was happy. However, she did not remember ever more than what he had told Ikao answering his questions, and neither could remember anything of his previous life.
The memory of previous life, who had mysteriously turned on at the time of that meeting, it was again obscured, and since then never returned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment